Everything you need to become a hirable WordPress Developer building custom themes and plugins
What you’ll learn
- PHP for WordPress – The Loop, Conditionals, Hooks and More!
- How to Work with Child and Starter Themes Like Pro
- The Ins and Outs of the Template Hierarchy – Always Know What File to Customize
- The Complete List of Template Tags To Use When Customizing and Extending Themes
- A Deep Understanding of How to Use Action and Filter Hooks to Programmatically Control WordPress
- A Solid Starter Template For Building Your Own WordPress Plugins
- Common Practices and Techniques for Building Custom WordPress Plugins
- Basic HTML – Know how to build a simple HTML page and work with HTML forms.
- Basic CSS – Know how to responsively style HTML pages with CSS.
- Know how to work with Posts, Pages and Custom Content in the WordPress admin area
WordPress is the leading Content Management System on the market, powering a large percentage of the Web. The need for WordPress Developers who can build and customize themes and plugins is ever growing. Learn from one of the most recognized educators in the WordPress world, Zac Gordon, who has taught thousands of people now employed as WordPress Developers.
If you want to learn everything from customizing existing themes, building custom themes or starting to build plugins, this course is for you. You will learn in depth how WordPress works under the hood, from template files and tags to hooks and internal APIs. If you are looking to build bigger and more custom projects with WordPress or just get a good job with a great company building WordPress projects, then this course is for you. Make sure though you can already build and style a basic web page with HTML and CSS as we assume you already know this and focus more on learning PHP.
When you learn the skills this course contains you will feel incredibly empowered to build almost anything you can imagine with WordPress. You should also feel confident working professionally in the field as a WordPress Developer. You will have built a theme and plugin along with the course as well as a theme and plugin of your own. Follow in the path of thousands of others of Zac’s students who learned WordPress Development and went on to do great work in the field.Who is the target audience?
- Anyone who wants to learn how to build WordPress Themes
- Anyone who wants to learn how to build WordPress Plugins
- Anyone with basic HTML and CSS skills who wants to start customizing WordPress Themes
- Developers who want to learn WordPress Development in more depth
- Anyone looking to get a job or career in WordPress Development
Created by Zac Gordon
Last updated 6/2018
Size: 2.68 GB